The primary responsibilities of a rental assistant include answering and facilitating calls/emails through the rental phone line and general rental email address, writing purchase orders for owner operator gear, creating orders for camera house clients and procuring subrental equipment. The Rental Assistant coordinates with operations to make sure items are obtained in a timely fashion. The Rental Assistant can also be asked to create orders and assist with the rental manager’s tasks under the supervision of the rental managers as needed.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining an up-to-date vendor information document listing rental houses, in-house (barcoded) owner-operator gear, and hard-to-find items.
- Answer and direct calls/emails through the rental phone line and rental email address
- In-person, on-site interactions and coordination of camera preps with the hands-on technicians.
- Write purchase orders for rented equipment
- Create rental orders for camera house clients and procure sub rented equipment
- Coordinate with operations to make sure items are obtained in a timely fashion
- Create orders (develop price quotes) and assist with the Rental Managers’ tasks under the supervision of the rental managers as needed
- Maintain an up to date vendor information document listing rental houses, in-house (barcoded) owner-operator gear, and hard to find equipment
- Assist Accounting with account applications and billing matters
- Monitor department for achieving goals and following procedures
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Senior Rental Managers
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Exceptional Customer Service skills: courteous, responsive, and resourceful.
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Experience at a camera rental house or production environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in film and television or a related field of study preferred
- Proficiency with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to learn and utilize new software
- This is an on-site, full-time, non-exempt position.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Full Time: 9 am-6 pm, Monday-Friday
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including PTO, health insurance, and 401(k)