The primary responsibilities of a Rental Manager include taking rental orders and creating quotes via direct client interaction by phone, e-mail, and in person. In addition, our Rental Managers are the liaison between the client (i.e. producer, DP, AC, coordinator, etc) and the company (re: gear availability).
Rental Managers maintain client relationships at TCS to generate continued business, including tracking clients and projects in our client management system and working with other departments to ensure a good client experience.
From time to time, Rental Managers are encouraged to attend industry events to network with industry professionals, attend lunches with clients, or visit film sets.
- Taking rental orders and creating quotes via direct client interaction by phone, e-mail, and in-person
- Coordinates and communicates all logistics with proper in-house departments as related to their specific jobs
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the inventory to discuss equipment features and uses and answer customer questions with technical assistance from other in-house departments as needed.
- Handles account creation, paperwork verification, and negotiating final rental price.
- Oversees in-house checkout between client crews and TCS technicians
- Makes sure anything missing or damaged from a shoot is billed in a timely manner.
- Creates pro-forma invoices and charge credit cards.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Exceptional Customer Service skills: courteous, responsive, and resourceful.
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Experience at a camera rental house or production environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in film and television or a related field of study preferred
- Proficiency with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to learn and utilize new software
- This is an on-site, full-time, non-exempt position.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Full Time: 9 am-6 pm, Monday-Friday
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including PTO, health insurance, and 401(k)