Growing, well-known, family-owned, and operated business in the entertainment industry in New York City, seeks a full-time Rental Assistant
Located on the beautiful Hudson River waterfront in Manhattan, NY, TCS is accessed by public transit and is within walking distance of many restaurants and attractions on New York City’s west side.
Established in 1978, TCS provides cinematographers and camera crews with proven technical support and the trusted equipment they need to capture astonishing moving images, even in the most demanding of environments.
TCS serves the film, television, commercial, and broadcast markets. Our vast inventory of motion picture equipment includes cameras, modern and vintage cinema lenses, and a complete catalog of accessories to complete even the most robust package required for the current digital cinema market.
TCS has a long history supplying 16mm and 35mm packages to independent and studio feature film and TV productions. Over the last few decades, as digital cameras have become more and more prolific throughout the motion picture and television industry, TCS has continued to evolve and grow into a recognized leader for bringing new technologies to the professional cinema rental market.
Today, we are proud to be one of the premier motion picture camera and lens rental houses on the East Coast.
As TCS Rental Assistant, you will be part of a global industry that serves the highest caliber motion picture productions.
Primary responsibilities of a rental assistant include answering and facilitating calls/emails through the rental phone line and general rental email address, writing purchase orders for owner operator gear, creating orders for camera house clients and procuring subrentals. The Rental Assistant coordinates with operations to make sure items are obtained in a timely fashion. The Rental Assistant can also be asked to create orders and assist with the rental manager’s tasks under the supervision of the rental managers as needed.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining an up to date vendor information document listing rental houses, in-house (barcoded) owner operator gear, and hard to find items.
- Answer and direct calls/emails through the rental phone line and rental email address
- Write purchase orders for rented equipment
- Create rental orders for camera house clients and procure subrented equipment
- Coordinate with operations to make sure items are obtained in a timely fashion
- Create orders (develop price quotes) and assist with the Rental Managers’ tasks under the supervision of the rental managers as needed
- Maintain an up to date vendor information document listing rental houses, in-house (barcoded) owner operator gear, and hard to find equipment
- Assist Accounting with account applications and billing matters
- Monitor department for achieving goals and following procedure
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Senior Rental Managers/Agents
Requirements & Benefits
- Full Time: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday
- Exceptional Customer Service skills (courteous, responsive and resourceful).
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Experience at a camera rental house or production environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in film and television or related field of study, preferred
- Proficiency with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to learn and utilize new software
- Compensation based on experience
- Competitive benefits packages
Send inquires to email@example.com.