We’re located on the beautiful Hudson River waterfront in Manhattan, NY. Easily accessed by public transit and within walking distance of many Hells Kitchen restaurants and attractions.
Established in 1978, TCS provides cinematographers and camera crews with proven technical support and the trusted equipment they need to capture astonishing moving images, even in the most demanding of environments.
Catering to the film, television, commercial and broadcast markets, TCS offers a vast inventory of motion picture cameras, modern and vintage cinema lenses, and a full catalog of accessories to complete even the most robust package required for today’s complex digital cinema market.
TCS has a long history supplying 16mm and 35mm packages to documentary and independent filmmakers, as well as feature film and TV show productions. Over the last few decades, as digital cameras have become more and more prolific throughout the motion picture and television industry, TCS has continued to evolve and grow into a recognized leader for bringing new technologies to the professional cinema rental market. Today, we are proud to call ourselves one of the premier motion picture camera and lens rental houses on the East Coast.
As part of the rental department at TCS, you’ll be part of a global industry that serves the highest caliber of television, film and commercial productions.
Primary responsibilities of a rental assistant include answering and facilitating calls/emails through the rental phone line and general rental email address, writing purchase orders for owner operator gear, creating orders for camera house clients and procuring subrentals. The Rental Assistant coordinates with operations to make sure items are obtained in a timely fashion. The Rental Assistant can also be asked to create orders and assist with the rental manager’s tasks under the supervision of the rental managers as needed.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining an up to date vendor information document listing rental houses, in-house (barcoded) owner operator gear, and hard to find items.
Requirements & Benefits
- Full Time: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday
- Exceptional Customer Service skills (courteous, responsive and resourceful).
- Experience in customer service role a plus
- Experience at a camera rental house or production environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in film and television or related field of study, preferred
- Proficiency with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to learn and utilize new software
- Compensation based on experience
- Competitive benefits packages
- Answer and direct calls/emails through the rental phone line and rental email address
- Write purchase orders for rented equipment
- Create rental orders for camera house clients and procure equipment
- Coordinate with operations to make sure items are obtained in a timely fashion
- Create orders (develop price quotes) and assist with the Rental Managers’ tasks under the supervision of the rental managers as needed
- Maintain an up to date vendor information document listing rental houses, in-house (barcoded) owner-operator gear, and hard to find equipment
- Assist Accounting with account applications and billing matters
- Help monitor department for achieving goals and following ours procedures
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Senior Rental Managers/Agents