Growing, well-known, family-owned, and operated business in the entertainment industry in New York City, seeks a full-time Rental Manager.
Located on the beautiful Hudson River waterfront in Manhattan, NY, TCS is accessed by public transit and is within walking distance of many restaurants and attractions on New York City’s west side.
Established in 1978, TCS provides cinematographers and camera crews with proven technical support and the trusted equipment they need to capture astonishing moving images, even in the most demanding of environments.
TCS serves the film, television, commercial, and broadcast markets. Our vast inventory of motion picture equipment includes cameras, modern and vintage cinema lenses, and a complete catalog of accessories to complete even the most robust package required for the current digital cinema market.
TCS has a long history supplying 16mm and 35mm packages to independent and studio feature film and TV productions. Over the last few decades, as digital cameras have become more and more prolific throughout the motion picture and television industry, TCS has continued to evolve and grow into a recognized leader for bringing new technologies to the professional cinema rental market.
Today, we are proud to be one of the premier motion picture camera and lens rental houses on the East Coast.
As TCS Rental Manager, you will be part of a global industry that serves the highest caliber motion picture productions.
The primary responsibilities of a Rental Manager include taking rental orders and creating quotes via direct client interaction by phone, e-mail, and in person. In addition, our Rental Managers are the liaison between the client (i.e. producer, DP, AC, coordinator, etc) and the company (re: gear availability).
Rental Managers maintain client relationships at TCS to generate continued business, including tracking clients and projects in our client management system and working with other departments to ensure a good client experience.
From time to time, Rental Managers are encouraged to attend industry events to network with industry professionals, attend lunches with clients, or visit film sets.
- Taking rental orders and creating quotes via direct client interaction by phone, e-mail, and in-person
- Coordinates and communicates all logistics with proper in-house departments as related to their specific jobs
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the inventory to discuss equipment features and uses and answer customer questions with technical assistance from other in-house departments as needed.
- Handles account creation, paperwork verification, and negotiating final rental price.
- Oversees in-house checkout between client crews and TCS technicians
- Makes sure anything missing or damaged from a shoot is billed in a timely manner.
- Creates pro-forma invoices and charge credit cards.
Requirements & Benefits
- Full Time: 9 am-6 pm, Monday-Friday
- Exceptional Customer Service skills: courteous, responsive, and resourceful.
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Experience at a camera rental house or production environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in film and television or related field of study preferred
- Proficiency with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to learn and utilize new software
- Compensation based on experience
- Competitive benefits packages
Send inquires to email@example.com.