TCS is a leading camera and equipment rental house with 40+ years in business serving the high-end cinema, television, and commercial productions. We work directly with producers, directors of photography, and camera assistants to provide them with the exact motion picture cameras and lenses to accomplish their goals.
The Office Manager at TCS touches and manages activity across several core business functions, including HR, facilities, and administration. You will work with department leads and report directly to the executive team.
Successful candidates are leaders that thrive on the challenges and rewards of a fast-paced workplace and are passionate about creating and maintaining an inviting and inspiring environment and support to employees, customers, and vendors.
Administrative/Facility: Maintaining employee and department directories
- Maintain office security, procedures, and organization and related relationships with various vendors to coordinate facilities, including cleaning, catering, and security services
- Take ownership of ensuring a fully stocked, cleaned, and efficient workplace. Order office supplies, food/drink, and furniture as needed
- Manage vendors and resources, such as suppliers, janitorial service, etc.
- If needed, fill in for reception as the first point of contact in greeting vendors, customers, job applicants, etc.
- Maintain the office layout and condition, and schedule necessary repairs with contractors.
- Coordinate with the IT department on all computer needs for the office staff.
- Liaise with facility management vendors
- Develop office policies and workflows, and ensure implementation.
- Schedule meetings, maintain shared office and executive calendars, research, and create reports.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary
- Code and key accounts payable and timely process payments by cheque, online, and credit card.
- Key and verify invoices using appropriate information and coding by division and cost code Work with purchasing to enter all PO-driven invoices.
- Balance statements from vendors.
- Refine and maintain vendor accounts, and negotiate payment terms to our benefit.
- Investigate all discrepancies with invoice totals and work with the company to clean up accounts
- Maintain current A/R accounts. Investigate, adjust and resolve any outstanding balances.
- Process payments received by cheque, credit card, e-transfer, money order, and cash.
- Banking and bookkeeping: Providing support to the bookkeeper whenever necessary
- Accurately track PTO and ensure compliance with company PTO and absences policy. Includes monitoring employee time off calendar every week for any payroll deductions etc
- Responsible for correcting or addressing any payroll changes on a bi-weekly basis.
- Create payroll sheet for approval and submission.
- Contribute at a hands-on level to cultivate a vibrant work culture
- Coordinate and support employees and managers throughout the employee lifecycle
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager and department managers to meet and exceed hiring goals: create job descriptions, schedule interviews, and create and deliver offer letters and compensation plans.
- Collaborate with communications manager and other managers to support performance management and employee relations matters
- Help promote and drive employee engagement.
- Assist the onboarding and offboarding process for new hires
- Assist with planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, and conferences
- Partner with external HR provider to update and maintain office policies and compliance
- Proven success and two to three years of experience managing an office and knowledge of related responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of Google Workspace, knowledge of QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Punctual, with excellent time management and multi-tasking ability.
- Attention to detail with problem-solving ability
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player with an outgoing personality
- Qualifications or experience in administration or as a secretary is a plus. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting is a plus.
- Entertainment or media industry experience is a plus.
- On-site, full-time, non-exempt position.
- Ability to work during business hours (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including PTO, health insurance, and 401(k)