The Prep Technician is an on-site role that pulls and prepares camera equipment for check outs, pick ups, delivery, or shipment at TCS. This is a critical operations role that works with TCS clients to ensure an efficient and accurate check out process.
- Camera Order Preparation
- Ensures all TCS clients have a successful and organized camera checkout or pickup experience. Accurately pull, prepare, and dispatch equipment based on client orders.
- Liaisons with internal departments to coordinate and troubleshoot all aspects of the client orders. Recommends changes when needed.
- Pitches in with assisting other techs when they are not on preps or pulls.
- Customer Service
- Coordinates with other internal departments to meet individual customer needs such as repairs or accessory additions, and communicates with managers throughout the process.
- Organization and Quality
- Shares the responsibility of maintaining the warehouse organization. Keep the space clean and orderly.
Skills/Experience, and Abilities Required:
- Experience working on set and industry/production knowledge a plus
- Basic understanding of camera and lenses and their operation a plus
- Passion for the motion picture production industry
- Good Communication skills Teamwork and communication are paramount in properly carrying out our day to day operations.
- Problem solving/critical thinking and ability to work under pressure
- Customer service/empathy
- Solid understanding of computers, software and ability to learn new software.
- Familiarity with warehouse management software a plus
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- The ability to safely climb ladders while carrying equipment cases.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of working on your feet.
- Safely and reliably maneuver in a warehouse while carrying equipment.
- Safe handling of chemicals like glue, solvent and epoxy.
- Enforcement and use of Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including PTO, health insurance, and 401(k)
- Use equipment for personal use based on availability